Chia Overnight Oats
-4 tablespoons chia seeds
-1/2 cup rolled oats
-2 cups unsweetened nut milk (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
-1 cup fresh or frozen berries and/or fruit (I used fresh strawberries and plums mashed together with lemon juice)
-1 teaspoon honey
-squeeze of lemon
-1 banana, sliced
-chopped salted almonds
1. In a jar, combine the chia seeds, rolled oats, and unsweetened nut milk. Add a squeeze of honey or agave nectar to taste.
2. Mix well and stick in the fridge to soak overnight. The mixture will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
3. Combine berries/fruits and lemon in a jar. Use the back of a spoon to mash the mixture together until it creates a jam-like consistency. (If you are using frozen berries, run them under warm water to make them easier to mash).
4. Stick in the fridge.
5. In the morning, mix the chia overnight oats to evenly combine.
6. Use two glass jars and gradually add each layer to the jar. Begin with a layer of the chia oat mixture, top that with berry jam, and then layer of sliced banana.
7. Add the remaining chia oat mixture and top with chopped almond.
Perfect to bring on a surf trip or eat as a snack before yoga (or my super early driving lessons..).